For over 45 years, Catalyst Kids has been preparing children for success in school by creating a foundation for life-long learning. At Catalyst Kids, we believe in providing responsive services for communities, families, & children.
Since our origins as an organization, we have been committed to providing childcare that fit the community’s needs. In many our centers, we provide subsidized Preschool and Before & Afterschool childcare.
Our programs strive to be supportive of the family, including; parents who are in school, foster families, homeless families, and those working or seeking employment. We welcome all children and families into our programs, knowing that diversity creates beauty, interest, and strength.
Income Eligibility Details
If you are interested in applying in one of our subsidized programs, please follow these steps:
- Contact your local center. You will need to apply at the center you choose to attend. [to find your closest center, please visit Locations]
- Inform staff at your local center that you would like to apply.
- Work with staff on submitting the following paperwork to determine eligibility:
- Family income information
- Family need status (working, going to school, seeking employment/seeking permanent housing and parental incapacitation)
- Documentation of family size (children’s record of birth, anything showing relationship of child to enrolling parent)
- Documentation family resides in California
- You will be able to check on the status of your application with the center you applied with.
As of 7/1/2021 the Family Income Ceilings have been updated for 2021-2022 for all program types.. Limits for families qualifying for subsidized enrollment have changed. Families will be assessed either a flat monthly full-time fee or part-time fee based on hours of care certified for the month, income, and family size.
For more information on the requirements, please see Revised State Median Income (SMI) Ceilings and Income Ranking Table for Fiscal Year (FY) 2021–22, CDE MB 21-09 https://www.cde.ca.gov/sp/cd/ci/mb2109.asp and CDSS CCB 21-05 https://www.cdss.ca.gov/Portals/9/Additional-Resources/Letters-and-Notices/CCBs/2021/CCB%2021-05.pdf?ver=2021-09-10-131517-550.
For 5 CCR, Section 18096 of the Implementation Guidance MB 17-14, please visit the 12-Month Eligibility web page at https://www.cde.ca.gov/sp/cd/ci/mb1714.asp.