The Teacher Permit Application Process
By Ed Pathways team
As many of you know, applying for a permit can be a confusing process, but the Ed Pathways team is here to help! Whether you’re applying for the very first time, or maybe looking to renew/upgrade, our Ed Pathways team is dedicated to walking you through every step of the process.
Required to work in a funded program, each permit comes with its own set of requirements which authorize the holder to perform different levels of service in child development programs. To learn more about Permits and Careers with Catalyst, please visit our careers page. Ed Pathways will be able to:
- Find out what classes you need for a permit or determine if you are ready to apply.
- Assist you in filling out your application forms:
- Provide all forms required by the Commission on Teacher Credentialing which include: Form 41-4, Form 41-LS, and Verification of Experience Form
- If applicable and available, provide the permit application packet from The Child Development Training Consortium (CDTC). CDTC’s permit stipend program pays the permit application fee and offers partial LiveScan/Fingerprint reimbursement for eligible applicants.
- Submit your application for approval – this process can take several weeks to months.
- Ed Pathways can also help you choose the right ECE and GE classes to renew or upgrade your permit.
Ed Pathway’s goal is to make the application process as smooth and easy as possible, so don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions.