January 18, 2022
Catalyst Family Recipe – Simple Chicken Noodle Casserole
Simple Chicken Noodle Casserole– This meal is warm and comforting during these cold winter nights. The meal can also be made to make ahead of time and is a great way to enjoy the family’s favorite vegetables.
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 25 min
- 2 C of dry egg noodles
- 2 C of cooked chicken diced
- 5 ounce of low sodium cream if chicken or cream of mushroom soup
- ½ C milk
- 1 C of frozen peas or frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 tbsp of butter melted
- 2 tbsp breadcrumb
- 1/2 c grated cheddar cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425®. Cook egg noodles al dente (firm) according to package directions. Drain well.
- Using a casserole dish, combine cooked egg noodles, chicken, soup, milk and veggies. Top with cheese if desired.
- Combine bread crumb and melted butter in a small bowl and then sprinkle over casserole. Bake for 20 minutes or until bubbly.
Encourage your child to help with preparation of the meal. Children not only love to assist and help out, partnership in preparing the meal will also increase the willingness to try new foods.