Clever Halloween Celebration Ideas to keep you safe during a pandemic
By Carole Ruvalcaba
We asked health-conscious families in our communities what their plans are this Halloween 2020 during the novel coronavirus pandemic. Here is a list of what they shared with us!
This year, many families are making their own unique Halloween plans festive while keeping plans exclusive by limiting the guest list to live-in family members only.
According to the CDC, Trick-or-treating door-to-door is considered a high-risk activity and is not recommended. Instead, they recommend that families follow COVID-19 health and safety guidelines to minimize the risk of spreading the virus.
To get the scoop directly from the CDC, check out their cool flyer with tips!
Haven’t yet made plans? If you are looking for Halloween inspiration, we’ve compiled a list of safe Halloween activities for you!
- Decorate your home or living space with live-in family members while wearing your Halloween costume!
- Schedule a decorating party with your kids and family members. Wear your costumes and play spooky Halloween music to add to the ambiance.
- Serve Spooky snacks, take pictures, and post them on social media to share with friends and family. Use the hashtag #CatalystKidsHalloweenTips and we will re-share on our FB page.
- Host a craft or pumpkin carving and decorating activity with members of your household and share a picture on Instagram!
- Host a Halloween scavenger hunt in your backyard, where your kids are given lists of Halloween-themed things to do or things to find in your home. You can also fill Easter eggs with candy and other goodies for a fun Halloween hunt.
- Here are some tips on how to pull this scavenger hunt off! Link to article: https://bestfriendsforfrosting.com/halloween-scavenger-egg-hunt/
- Buy your own Halloween candy for the scavenger hunt and splurge on full-size candy bars!
- Host a virtual Halloween costume party with friends and family.
- Host a Halloween movie night with people you live with.
What is your treasured Halloween Tradition? Share your favorite Halloween tip with us on Facebook and use the tag #CatalystKidsHalloween
For more information, visit: